- FAQ User
- FAQ Pages
- FAQ Photo
- FAQ Video
- FAQ Forum
- FAQ Blog
- FAQ Poll
- FAQ Chat
- FAQ Event
- FAQ Marketplace
- FAQ Quiz
- FAQ Mail
- FAQ Points
If you were looking for something, you probably find it here.
FAQ User ↑
- What are my privacy settings? ↑
- To get to your privacy settings, click the account menu at the top right of any Iwindows.com page, and choose Privacy Settings. This page contains a group of general controls for your Iwindows.comaccount, such as who can send you friend requests and messages. For everything else that you share on Iwindows.com, you can choose your audience right when you post.\r\n
- How to manage privacy? ↑
- To manage privacy settings go to Profile » Privacy Settings, located on the top menu on the right.
- How to manage notifications? ↑
- Go to Profile » Privacy Settings to set whether to get email notifications when another member is interacting with you in some way (pm, comment, etc.)
- How to manage your account data? ↑
- To manage account settings go to Profile » Privacy Settings. Here you can:
\r\n - Change your username (log in name)
\r\n - Change your full name (displayed name)
\r\n - Change your email address
\r\n - Change your password (click the Change your password link next to 'Password')
\r\n - Change your location
\r\n - Change your language
\r\n - Change your Date of Birth
\r\n - Change your Gender
\r\n - Change your Language
\r\n - Set your preferred currency
\r\n - Set your Forum Signature
\r\n - Change the time for Daylight Savings Time\r\n
\r\n When done, be sure to click Save at the bottom of the page.
- How to change my profile pic? ↑
- To manage your profile, go to the Profile tab on the main menu.\r\n
\r\n Go to Profile » Edit profile pic\r\n - Click Browse to search your computer for a .jpg, .gif or .png image to upload.
\r\n Select the image you want and click Upload Picture.
- How to add About me, Interests and Details? ↑
- To manage your profile, go to the Profile tab on the main menu.\r\n
\r\n- Go to Profile » Edit Profile
\r\n- Enter what you want and click Update.
- How to add a cover photo to my profile? ↑
- 1. Find an image you want at a place like photobucket, at least 1500 x 1300, and get the URL of the image.
\r\n 2. Go to Customize profile under the profile menu item.
\r\n 3. Choose Advanced in the design menu on the left.
\r\n 4. Place that URL address in the area established for it when you opt to change your background.
\r\n 5. Save your work
- How to resetting my password on login? ↑
- If you forget your password, click the Forgot password and you will be sent a confirmation email asking if you want to reset your password. Click the link in the email to confirm that you want to change the password. Insert your password into the Login password box.
- How to manage my friends? ↑
- The easiest way to make friends with someone is to click Browse in the main menu. You will see a listing of the members. To the right you will see Add to friends. Click that and a friend request will be sent. You can also go to a member's profile page and send a friend request from there by clicking Add to friends under their profile picture.
FAQ Pages ↑
- How do I create a new Page? ↑
- The best part of Iwindows.com is setting up and creating pages! All you have to do is to click on Pages which is on the main bar on the top of the page.\r\n
\r\n1. Click on +Create Pages which is on the top right corner of the page.
\r\n2. Select what type of Pages you own.
\r\n3. Choose a category that you Pages belongs to via the Category drop-down tab.
\r\n4. Key in your Pages's name in the relevant text box.
\r\n5. Click on Get Started, where you will then be able to edit your Pages.
- How do I edit my Page? ↑
- In your Edit Page, there will be a few links available on the main bar at the top of the page.\r\n
\r\nThis allows you to edit your Pages type and name.\r\n
\r\nYou can key in any information about your Pages that you would like to talk about. Just type into the relevant text box, and when you are done, you can click on Update\r\n
\r\nYou can upload your Pages's photo via this link. Click on Choose file to upload a photo of your Pages from your computer. Once you have selected the photo, click on Upload photo\r\n
\r\nYou can control who gets to see your Pages and other privacy settings via this link.
FAQ Photo ↑
- How to upload photos? ↑
- It is very easy to upload photos on Iwindows.com. Just click on Upload Photos on the left panel on your profile or click on Photos which is also on the left panel and then click on +Upload new photo on the top right hand corner of the page. You will then be brought into a new page where you are given options to:
\r\n1. Select or create a new album that you want your photo to be in
\r\n2. Select the category of your photo
\r\n3. Select and upload the photo from your computer.
\r\nYour photo will automatically be uploaded once you select a photo from your computer and select Open.
- How to add or change my profile picture? ↑
- To change your profile picture, go to your Photo page, and mouse over on any photo that you want as your profile picture.
\r\n1. Click on the arrow that would appear on the bottom right of your picture
\r\n2. Select Set as your profile picture.
\r\nTo add a profile picture, click on Profile on the top right hand panel of the page, and select Edit profile photo.
\r\n1. Click on Choose file to upload a photo from your computer.
\r\n2. After selecting a photo that you want, click Upload photos
- How to edit my avatar? ↑
- To edit your avatar's appearance, click on Profile on the top right hand panel of the page, and select Edit profile photo.
\r\n1. Click and drag your mouse over the original photo until you are happy with the way the photo is cropped.
\r\n2. Once you are happy with the way the photo looks in the preview section, click on Save avatar.
- How to delete photos? ↑
- It is very easy to delete a photo that you do not want. All you need to do is mouse over a photo thumbnail that you do not want anymore, click on the arrow sign that appears on the bottom right of the thumbnail, and select Delete photo. A pop up will appear asking you for confirmation.
- How to like and comment on photos? ↑
- You can comment on your photos or your friend's photos simply by clicking on the text box below each photo.
If you want to like a photo, click on I like which is below each photo.
FAQ Video ↑
- How do I add videos on Iwindows.com? ↑
- There are two ways you can add videos, share a videos from another sites or upload video from your computer.\r\nTo upload a video, you can either click on Upload/Share a video which is under the Quick Links panel on the left hand side of the home page, or click on Video which is underneath the Activity Feed panel in the middle of the page.\r\n
\r\n1. Once you click on Upload/Share a video, you will be taken to a new page where you can upload a video file on your computer (via File Upload).\r\n
\r\n2. Give a title for your video underneath Video Title\r\n
\r\n3. You can select the category to which your video belongs to by clicking on the category tab\r\n
\r\n4. Give your video a short description via the Description text box and you can 'tag' your videos via the Topics box, separating multiple topics with commas\r\n
\r\n5. Upload the video from your computer by clicking on Select Video. You can upload videos if they are in MPG, MPEG, WMV, AVI, MOV or FLV format.
- To share a video, you can either click on Upload/Share a video which is under the Quick Links panel on the left hand side of the home page, or click on Video which is underneath the Activity Feed panel in the middle of the page.\r\n
\r\n1. Once you click on Upload/Share a video, you will be taken to a new page where you can paste a file URL (via Paste URL) from another website such as Youtube or Vimeo.\r\n
\r\n2. You can select the category to which your video belongs to by clicking on the category tab\r\n
\r\n3. If you have opted to paste a URL, there will be a text box underneath the category tab to paste the URL there.\r\n
\r\n4. Once you are done just click Add.
- How do I manage the privacy of the videos that I share or upload? ↑
- To manage the privacy of your video, you can do so while uploading or sharing the video URL.\r\n
\r\n1. While uploading or sharing the video, you can control who can see the video via the privacy settings tab.\r\n
\r\n2. You can control who can comment on your video via the comment privacy settings tab.
- How do I like, rate or comment on videos? ↑
- Underneath every video that you post or your Iwindows.com friends post, there will be three links which are Like, Comment, and Share.\r\n
\r\n1. To like a video, just click on Like underneath the video and a thumbs up sign will show up. Your friend will be notified when you like his or her video\r\n
\r\n2. To comment on a video, click on Comment, and you will automatically be taken to the comment textbox.\r\n
\r\n3. If you are allowed to share your friend's video, you can click on the Share link and share it on your newsfeed with your other friends\r\n
\r\n4. To rate a video, click on the stars on the right hand side of the page, which is underneath the video. You can select 1 up to 5 stars, 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best.
- How do I mark videos as a sponsor? ↑
- You will be able to sponsor a video on Iwindows.com. This is available at a small fee and the link will appear on the side bar on the right hand side of the Video page
FAQ Forum ↑
- How to access the forum? ↑
- You can either click on the name of the forum to see the threads, or on the Last Post to view the most recent post.
- How to add new thread? ↑
- To add a thread, click New Thread found at the top left of the forum you are viewing. Add a title for your thread. Post content in the message area. Put tags for your thread for easier searching. Add a poll if you wish. Submit it when done.
- How to thanks the writer? ↑
- If you like a post that you are reading, you can give the writer thanks by clicking the like link at the bottom of that post.
- How to reply to a post? ↑
- If you want to respond to a post just type your response in the Quick Reply area at the bottom of the screen. Post Quick Reply will post the reply.
- How to subscribe and unsubscribe? ↑
- You can unsubscribe or subscribe from threads in the Thread Tools link at the top of the forum thread.
FAQ Blog ↑
- How to add new blog post? ↑
- Here on Iwindows.com, you can blog about your daily life, or share insights with your friends on anything under the sun.\r\n
\r\nTo add a blog post
\r\n1. Click on Blog on the left hand side of the panel on your profile page
\r\n2. Select +Add new blog which is on the top right hand corner
\r\n3. You can then write your new blog entry. You can attach images, links, videos and even emoticons using the icon panels above the text box. Once you have finished writing your blog post, select the category your post belongs to.
\r\n4. You can control who gets to view your blog posts via the privacy settings tab
\r\n5. You can control who gets to comment on your blog posts via the comments settings tab
\r\n6. Once you have finished, you can either publish, save as draft or preview your post.
FAQ Poll ↑
- How to create a poll? ↑
- Want to find out what breeds of dogs are most liked by your friends? Perhaps you wish to let your friends choose a name for your dog. You can do all these and more by creating polls on Iwindows.com.
\r\n1. Click on Polls on the left hand side of the panel on your profile page.
\r\n2. Select +Create a poll which is on the top right hand corner.
\r\n3. Fill in the question and create different responses or answers for your questions in the relevant text boxes given.
\r\n4. You can even choose a picture to accompany your question. Select Choose file and upload a photo from your computer. When you have finished selecting a photo to upload, select Open.
\r\n5. You can control who gets to view the poll that you have created via the privacy settings tab.
\r\n6. You can control who gets to comment on your poll via the comments settings tab.
\r\n7. Under additional options, you can select Yes or No for Public vote. If you select Yes, this would mean that the votes of all the users that have voted on your poll can be viewed by others. If you select Yes, the votes can only be seen by the admin of the poll, which is yourself.
\r\n8. You can also select Yes or No for Randomize Answers under additional options. If you select Yes, the order of the responses in the poll will be randomized. If you select Yes, the order of the responses will be fixed as how you have ordered them during the process of creating the poll.
\r\n9. Once you have finished creating your poll, you can either Submit or Save and Design the Poll.
- How to save and design the poll? ↑
- You can customize the colour of your poll's background, percentage bars, and edges to your liking by selecting Save and Design the Poll after you have created your poll.
\r\n1. Click on the white box. You will then be brought to a colour spectrum. You can adjust the arrows on the colour spectrum to pick a colour that you are happy with or fill in the exact HTML colour code that you want.
\r\n2. Once you are happy with the colour, click on the spectrum circle on the lower right side of the box.
\r\n3. You can then preview the changes you have made which will appear above the colour bars.
\r\n4. When you are happy with the colours of your poll, click on Save.
- How to edit a poll? ↑
- If you are still not happy with the way your poll looks or want to edit the content of your poll, it is possible.
\r\n1. Click on your poll title.
\r\n2. Select Actions which will be underneath the title.
\r\n3. Select Edit.
\r\n4. You can then edit the content or customise the colours on your poll.
FAQ Chat ↑
- How to chat with my friends on Iwindows.com? ↑
- 1. Click on the bar on the lower right side of your profile page that says Who's online. The number in the bracket indicates how many people is available online to chat.
\r\n2. Once you have identified the person that you want to chat with, click on his / her name and a chat box will pop up.
\r\n3. You can then chat with your friend by typing into the textbox.
\r\n4. You can also have an audio / video call, play a game, share whiteboard, share your screen, send a file, share a collaborative document, add a smiley & handwrite a message via the icons on the icon panel in the chatbox.
- How to manage chat options? ↑
FAQ Event ↑
- How to create an event? ↑
- If you have an party or a meet-up which you wish to organize, the easiest way to inform all your friends about it is to create an event on Iwindows.com.\r\n
\r\n1. Select Events on the left hand side panel of your profile page.
\r\n2. Click on +Create new event which is on the top right hand corner of the page.
\r\n3. You can then fill in details of the event that you are planning. You can select which category your event belongs to under the Category tab.
\r\n4. Fill in the event that you are planning and tell your friends of the details of your party or meet-up under Descriptions.
\r\n5. You can then select the date and time of the start of the event.
\r\n6. As an optional feature, you can also fill in the time when the event ends. Click on Add end time and select the date and time of the end of the event.
\r\n7. Fill in the location venue in the relevant text box.
\r\n8. If you wish to be more detailed, select Add Address/City/Zip/Country and fill in the address details in the relevant text boxes that will pop up.
\r\n9.You can control who can see the event via the event privacy settings tab.
\r\n10. You can control who can share your event via the share privacy settings tab.
\r\n11. Once you are done, just click Submit.
FAQ Marketplace ↑
- How do I buy things on Marketplace? ↑
- 1. Select Marketplace which is on the left hand panel on your profile page. You will then be able to see items for sale in the main page of the Marketplace.
\r\n2. You can click on the different categories of items available on the left hand side panel in the Marketplace. They are largely divided into categories and subcategories.
\r\n3. You can also type in keywords of items that you are looking for in the search bar at the top of the page.
\r\n4. You can customize your search via the Location filter which is on the right of the search bar.
\r\n5. You can also sort the items that appear by latest, most liked or most discussed via the Sort filter.
\r\n6. You can customize how many items you can see in one page via the View filter.
\r\n7. You can customize to sort the listings by the time they were published via the When filter.
- How do I sell things on Marketplace? ↑
- 1. You can create a new listing for your item on Marketplace by selecting +Add new listing which is on the top right hand corner of the Marketplace page.
\r\n2. Select the category your item belongs to via the category tab.
\r\n3. Name your item and give a short description of your item in the relevant text boxes.
\r\n4. You can elaborate a bit more and add more details of your item such as the colour, function and measurements in the Description box.
\r\n5. Fill in the currency and price of your item.
\r\n6. Select the location where you are selling from via the location tab.
\r\n7. Additionally, you can also add the city and postcode that you are in by clicking on Add city/zip.
\r\n8. You can control who gets to view your listing via the listings privacy tab.
\r\n9. You can control who gets to comment on your listing via the comment privacy tab.
\r\n10. Once you are done and happy with your listing, click Submit.
FAQ Quiz ↑
- How to create a quiz? ↑
- To create a quiz on Iwindows.com for your friends to enjoy.
\r\n1. Select Quizzes on the left hand panel of your profile page.
\r\n2. Click on +Add new quiz which is on the top right hand corner of the page.
\r\n3. You can now create your quiz. Fill in the Title and Description of your quiz. Under description, you can give a short brief about what your quiz is about or give instructions or details to your friends.
\r\n4. You can even upload a photo to accompany your quiz. If you wish to upload a photo, just select Choose file to upload a photo from your computer. Once you have chosen a photo, click Open.
\r\n5. You can then craft your quiz by filling in the question and each question's responses in the relevant text boxes.
\r\n6. If you wish to have more responses per question, click on the + icon. If you wish to have less responses per question, click on the - icon.
\r\n7. Indicate which is the correct response for each question by clicking on the tick icon.
\r\n8. If you wish to have more questions, you can select Add another question at the bottom of the page.
\r\n9. You can control who gets to view and take part in your quiz via the privacy settings.
\r\n10. You can control who gets to comment on your quiz via the comment settings.
\r\n11. Once you are done crafting your quiz, just click on Submit.
FAQ Mail ↑
- How to read a private message? ↑
- To access your PM (mail) click the link on the main menu, Message. You will be brought to your inbox as a default and it will show your messages there.
\r\nClick on a message subject to open the message to read it.
- How to reply on a private message? ↑
- There is a reply box below the message (after you've opened it to read it). Type your response in this box if you want to respond and then click Send to send the response.
- How to write new private message? ↑
- To compose a message you can either click Compose to the right of your message list or click Compose found in the Message tab on the main menu.
\r\nWhen composing a message, click To to bring up a list of members for you to select the one you want to send the message to. Select one or more members to send the message to and then click Use Selected. Type your subject in the subject box. Type your message in the message box. When done, click Send or Preview if you want to preview the message before sending it.
FAQ Points ↑
- How does it work? ↑
- Iwindows.com points are a pretty simple concept. You earn points for doing stuff. It's pretty cool!
- How to earn points? ↑
- There are two ways to earn points:\r\n
\r\n1. Invite Friends. For each friend that accepts your invite, you receive 10 points. No limit. Want 100 points, get 10 friends to join! Want 1,000, dig into your address book!
\r\n2. Be active on Iwindows.com publishing content, for each of this action you can earn from 1 to 10 points.\r\n
\r\nPretty easy, don't you think? The more points the better!